Tuesday, January 25, 2011

black women fear...EDITED

I KNOW WHY BLACK WOMEN ARE AFRAID TO LOVE….EACH OTHER.
By Kyra O. Davenport
We have the pleasure today of having one of the most profound definitions of what a black woman can become, our regal, brilliant, and charismatic first lady Michelle Obama. It is my personal beliefs that not only can a black woman become the first lady, but one sweet day she will be the President of the United States. Black women are very ambitious, I have no doubt in my mind that black women will continue to thrive and succeed, the doubt however sits at the center of my soul, when I ask myself,  “Will black women help each other succeed?”
Magazines such as Ebony, Essence, and Jet constantly scream to black women to love each other, empower each other, help in the cultivation process of young black women, but this may spark inspiration temporarily, but does it truly penetrate the hearts and minds of black women deep enough to provoke permanent change? The evolution or revolution cannot begin until black women look inside themselves, embrace their individuality, appreciate the essence of themselves, and become totally secure. It is in fact the insecurities that lie inside oneself that causes us to be intimidated, jealous, lack confidence, and makes us just plain unhappy.
As the soulful and prolific Lauryn Hill so eloquently states in her famous song “Miseducation of Lauryn  Hill”  “The answer  it was in me, I made up my mind to define my own destiny.” As aforementioned, I have no reservations when it comes to black women chasing success or becoming successful. “defining their own destiny”, but as Ms. Lauryn Hill says the answer to self-love and loving others, out intentions becoming pure toward each other lies, and becoming free of inhibition in our relationships with other black women, creating trust, starts with the Black queen in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment