Monday, January 23, 2012

BEAUTIFUL ONE BY KYRA O. DAVENPORT FOR THE ARTIST WE KNOW AS PRINCE

My dad introduced me to you when I was a little girl. I was honored to be in the presence of you art, your life’s work, and your music. What resonated with me since the first time I heard your music is that you understood women you appreciated them, you were in tune with our essence. That made me fall in love with myself and my own sexuality; I began to appreciate my femininity. You peak my curiosity through songs such as “Controversy” and “Pop Life”, your depth and understanding of God and the world would have my mind open for hours. Prince you opened my soul to the world and my individuality. To say you were influential would be an understatement. You moved me. Rare poetry. Daring lyrics. Sexual appreciation.Eroticism.Spirtituality.Provocation. What a unique soul Prince! You are the definition of individualism. I want to know you and experience you over and over through your music, perspective, and experiences. Thank you for your rare art form and depth of soul. When I hear your music I become free of inhibition and my naturally ability to express myself takes over. You inspire me. Prince, you inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment